Friday, May 27, 2011

FIRENZE!!!

Today was the first full day in Florence!  We settled in mostly yesterday.  There are two good things to say about my apartment.  First, it's in Florence, Italy!  Second, it's the perfect motivation for spending all of my time out and about exploring this beautiful city!  This is a picture of my kitchen.  It reflects the rest of the apartment pretty well.  Nevertheless, we forge ahead.  We had orientation this morning, followed by a trip to one of the markets for a typical lunch, and then a walking tour of the city. We ended the day with a small welcoming party at a local bar.  I've already learned my way around quite well.  My apartment is about a 20 minute walk from our "school" and everyone else!  All this means is extra gelato for me!!!  See, there's always a silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment