Monday, June 6, 2011

Shopping Bucket List

So you've heard the term 'bucket list' before.  Well I came to Italy with a shopping bucket list.  Several things I knew I really wanted to purchase before I left.  Today I made two of my "bucket list" purchases.  Here's the first...


I've always wanted a leather weekended, but was never going to pay the price for it. This one was a great deal!  As I talked to the salesman he asked where I was from and when I told him Louisiana he told me he had studied for one semester at LSU.  I immediately said GEAUX TIGERS and that's how I got the LSU discount.  It's a small world.

My second purchase was two paintings from a local street artist who our friend George told us about.  The artist is a former engineer so the paintings are a combination of graphic design and watercolors.  They are beautiful. For these we got the "friend of George" discount.  Now I just need my good friend Beverly to help me find some great frames to put them in when I get back to Lafayette. 

Vanessa also checked out one of her bucket list shopping items. She purchased a very beautiful and unique necklace with some of the Murano glass.  So, all in all, a great day!  Love that retail therapy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment